History of Chermside and District from 40,000 BP to 2008 CE by Patrick O'Shea. To be published by the Chermside and Districts Historical Society.
Note: The publication has been held up due to the work involved in setting up this website. Now that the website has been launched we will proceed with the publication.
Expected date of publication will be after the middle of 2010.
- Chapter 1 Aboriginal Society the Original Owners
- Chapter 2 European Take Over - 1824-1864
- Chapter 3 Expansion 1865-1900
- Chapter 4 Federation World War I Pneumonic Flu 1901-1920
- Chapter 5 Post World War I Depression World War II 1921-1945
- Chapter 6 Post World War II Rapid Expansion Social Change 1946-1969
- Chapter 7 Information Technology Social Change 1970-1989
- Chapter 8 Consumer Society 1990-2008 and Beyond
- Chapter 9 High Achievers from the Local Area